Dorset Community Energy – Share Offer launch Friday 5th June 7:00pm
Wessex Royale Hotel, High West Street, Dorchester
Dorset Community Energy is a not-for-profit Community Benefit Society supported by the Big Lottery ‘Communities Living Sustainably in Dorset’ programme to install community- financed solar photovoltaic panels (PV) on the roofs of 6 local schools or village halls. Three village hall solar panel installations, Martinstown, Salway Ash and Osmington have already been completed using a short term bridging loan, to be repaid through the community share offer. Three school solar PV installations, Dorchester Middle School, Thomas Hardye School, Dorchester and Lytchett Minster School are planned for August, subject to final School Governors’ approval and raising sufficient capital through the community share offer.
· The 6 participating schools and village halls will receive free electricity from the solar panels – estimated to be worth a total of £200,000 over a period of 20 years
· The business model includes a projected return of 5%- 6% per year for investors
· Minimum investment £100 maximum £10,000
· Capital will be repaid in instalments between years 4-20
· Taxpayers may be eligible for 50% tax relief on their investment.
· The Share Offer will be open between 5th June and 4th July 2015
· Note that investment in shares in a Community Benefit Society is not the same as savings in a bank account. In general it carries higher risks set out in the Share Offer Document, which will be published on Friday 5th June. If necessary potential investors should seek independent financial advice.
Please see www.dorsetcommunityenergy.org.uk
The Share Offer Document and application form for shares will be uploaded to the website on 5th June
An information evening and share offer launch event has been arranged on Friday 5thJune at 7:00pm in the Wessex Royale Hotel, High West Street, Dorchester. Printed copies of the Share Offer Document will be available at the event and an opportunity to question Dorset Community Energy directors and their professional advisors for the Share Offer, Sharenergy.