greendor 2012 is Dorchester’s first Open Eco-Homes weekend and there is now less than 2 weeks until booking opens!
Homes with eco-features will open up to the public on the weekend of 8th and 9thSeptember, during the annual Heritage Open Days. This is a chance to see how to green your home, and chat to people who’ve done it.
Here’s just a small taster of the features that will be available to see at the greendor Eco-Homes in September:-
- buildings using local timber
- walls made of rammed earth dug on the site
- worktops made from recycled plastic
- rainwater harvesting
- sheeps-wool insulation
- heat exchange ventilation
- green roof
- plenty of solar panels (both hot water and PV types)
- wall insulation
- and low energy lighting..
…the list goes on! Stay in touch with the site for more news: http://greendor.wordpress.com