I recently changed energy supply to Ecotricity and was surprised yet delighted to be given 1000 free miles for my Nissan LEAF electric car. This equates to nearly 15% of my annual mileage so is an enormous help.
Equally I have recently used Ecotricity charging points at IKEA in Southampton and at a number of M3, M5 service stations. The points have all worked really well and are free at the point of use, once again reducing my energy costs for travelling.
Late last week I had to travel up to Lincolnshire a round trip of 500 miles and in the short time I had, this meant going by my LEAF would be very hard. So I talked to my local Nissan dealers F J Chalke in Wincanton, and without any fuss they offered me the use of a courtesy (non-electric) car. My only comments was how much I missed my LEAF! My first trip to the filling station took my breath away – £79.00 to fill up with diesel and although the car was pretty economical I still had another trip to make to the garage to top up.
So for cost, comfort and everything to do with green energy, I just couldn’t wait to get back behind the wheel of my LEAF!
Ecotricity are doing so much to improve the Electric Highway, that the next long trip I make, I shall give myself a little more time so I can take my LEAF.
Ecotricity Green Electricity + Car Tariff
If you own an electric car, you too can switch to Ecotricity’s Green Electricity + Car tariff and get the equivalent of 1,000 free miles of electricity each year.
For an electric vehicle to run emission free, one vital piece of the jigsaw is often overlooked – where your electricity comes from. Ecotricity think electric cars – powered by green energy – are the answer.
The main benefits for electric car drivers:
- Green Electricity + Car customers will enjoy the equivalent of 1,000 free miles of electricity each year
- Ecotricity’s Price Promise means that for many they are cheaper than the in-region standard electricity tariff of the Big Five
- Get free membership to Ecotricity’s Electric Highway to charge when you’re away from home
- Ecotricity have frozen their prices until at least April 2014
- Ecotricity’s customer service is the best in the business – they have topped the 2014 Which? Energy Consumer Satisfaction Survey.
For more information or if you need help checking that your car is eligible, visit www.ecotricity.co.uk/for-the-road/green-electricity-car or call Ecotricity (and quote ‘Dorset Energized’) on 08000 302 302.